The majority of individuals who wish to improve their smile in a variety of ways will find that composite dental bonding is an appealing option to consider. Therefore, if you have teeth that are chipped, gapped, misaligned, or discoloured, it is beneficial for you to know that this form of tooth restoration is a solution that is popular with dentists, affordable, and recommended for patients like you.
Composite bonding is used for covering:
- Teeth that are crooked, uneven, and malformed.
- Teeth that are stained and discoloured
- Teeth that are spaced apart.
It is also used as an attractive material in composite fillings, which are used to treat and restore mild to moderate forms of the following:
- Teeth that are broken, chipped and fractured
- Teeth that are suffering from cavities and other forms of dental deterioration
4 Essential Facts to Learn About Composite Bonding
The procedure is non-invasive and painless.
Composite bonding can be done with little to no preparation of your original teeth.
The composite resin material is bonded in a non-invasive technique over your teeth, as the name suggests. No anaesthetic is required until unusual circumstances arise, such as when a deep cavity in a composite filling has to be treated. In most circumstances, composite can be placed without having any enamel removed, in contrast to porcelain veneers, which require drilling down to the tooth’s natural surface. Better adherence is achieved simply by roughening the tooth surface.
Composite bonding saves money and is simple to fix.
If you want to make your smile shine without breaking the bank, composite is the way to go. Composite is a lot cheaper than other forms of cosmetic dentistry. Bonded teeth are also simpler to repair, which can cut down on the need for future replacement or repair work and save you money.
Highly effective procedure
Composite dental bonding is the treatment of choice when it comes to contouring small crooked teeth, bridging the gaps between teeth, concealing discoloured teeth, and fillings in less difficult cavities. However, braces or Invisalign dentists should be considered for those with more severe cases of tooth misalignment or bite problems. Also, in the repair of more significant worn-down teeth, a dental crown comes as a wonderful remedy.
The composite bonding treatment is the quickest of all of our cosmetic treatments since it only requires a single session and lasts for an average of an hour. Because of this, you will see results right away and will be able to walk out of our facility with a gleaming new smile. Because composite bonding does not involve any extra preparation, all you need to do to be ready for your visit is show up and then kick back and relax while our dentists do their job.
How Should Bonded Teeth Be Cared For?
After having your teeth bonded, you will need to practise good dental hygiene regularly in addition to taking some preventative measures.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, and floss your teeth carefully, to prevent plaque from accumulating on and between your teeth regularly.
- Limit your sugar consumption and avoid smoking. Reduce your use of meals and beverages that are rich in pigments, such as coffee, tea, and other items that cause stains more quickly.
- If you want to keep your composite from chipping, you should avoid habits like biting your nails, grinding your teeth, chewing on pencils, and biting on hard foods, fruits, and vegetables.
- If you grind your teeth at night or during the day, it is important to protect your teeth from damage by using a mouthguard or night guard as directed.
- And as a last piece of advice, make it a habit to see your dentist at least once every six months for complete dental examinations and expert teeth cleaning procedures.
Get Composite Bonding At Super Smile Dental
Composite bonding is a fast and simple way to fix minor aesthetic flaws in your smile and teeth, giving you the confidence you deserve. When it comes to altering the aesthetic look of your teeth, composite bonding is the least intrusive and time-consuming cosmetic surgery. Composite bonding is a simple and cost-effective way to enhance the look of a patient’s smile if they have otherwise healthy natural teeth.